Election commission of Pakistan has collaborated with National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) to develop Online Voting System for Overseas Pakistanis. By this, they can cast their votes for contributing in the politics of their country.
This voting system is going to be digital and voters will be able to do so with any device and an internet connection. This will be done as per the voters list, who are in the list.
The ones who are willing to cast their votes must have these things:
- National Identity Card for Overseas
- A valid e-mail address
- A Machine Readable Passport
The online voters are to be registered first for online voting system. System can be used in both English and Urdu.
To register, www.overseasvoting.gov.pk is the website where an account will be created by using email i.d and contact number. After confirmation of the eligibility of the voter, following details will be required to complete the procedure:
- 13-digit unique ID card number printed on NICOP card
- Issuance date of NICOP card
- Machine Readable Passport Number
- Tracking ID Number printed on Machine Readable Passport
Moreover, the voter will be asked two questions in order to verify the identity by the system.
Vote casting process will be as under:
- Before the Election, the system will send a Voter Pass to the Voter on their registered email address.
- On Election Day, the Voter will log in to the website using their account and select “Vote Now”.
- Using the Voter Pass, the Voter will select the National Assembly or Provincial Assembly Constituency and cast their vote for the candidate of their choice.
After cadting vote, voter can see the status and all other details, can save it and print it.
960 total views, 1 views today